When your profile is live it is accessible to students! Before continuing please read through the following important rules to ensure you get the most from our platform:
- Respond to inquiries quickly: Students (or their parents) do shop around and hence to secure a new student, it is paramount that you answer inquiries quickly and in a professional manner. Keep an eye on your email where you will receive notifications when prospective students contact you.
- Exchanging contact details: We do not allow students and tutors to exchange contact details until a lesson is booked and confirmed. That way, we can see which students still need our help choosing a tutor and it also helps us keeping records for safeguarding purposes. You will receive student’s phone number after a lesson is booked. Notice that for this reason, our team do monitor messages.
- Lesson booking: All lessons need to be booked online by yourself. Only tutors can book lessons. Never attend a lesson unless its booked on impacttutors.co.uk and confirmed online by your student.
- Payments: All payments are online. Clients confirm a lesson by entering their payment details and their card will be charged for lesson completion. Never accept cash or direct payment from your clients. You will receive payment (lesson fee minus our commission of 10-25%) directly into your bank account 7-9 days after lesson completion.
- Cancelations: Students can cancel lessons online up to 24 hours before lesson start time. Tutors can cancel and edit lessons up to the start time of the lesson. We have a 24-hour cancelation policy but it is at your discretion if you want to enforce that. It’s a balancing act to keep your clients happy and at the same time don’t let them make too many last minute cancellations without paying for them.
- Missed lessons: Always remember to cancel a lesson that doesn’t take place. If you don’t cancel a lesson before the lesson start time, the student will still get charged, which is something we want to avoid.
Also, remember that we are always here to help, so if you run into any issues or have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch.