The student booking journey starts with you receiving a message from a student. All communication between you and students must be via the website messaging system.
You will receive an email notification (and soon SMS notifications) when you have a message from a student. Please ensure you respond quickly to ensure you can secure this lead. Quick responses also matter for your ranking in search results.
1. Login to your account on impacttutors.co.uk
2. The red number displaying “1” on message icon, means you have one new message
3. Click on message icon to see a list of all messages from different students. In the below example, you only have one message from a student. Click on that message.
4. Here you see the message details and can respond to it. Please ask the necessary information you need to plan for your first lesson and agree a date and time.
Explain to the student that you will book a lesson for them and they have to confirm that booking before you can attend a lesson. Students have to pay online with their credit or debit card in order to confirm a lesson.
5. When you click on book a lesson the lesson booking popup will appear
Here you enter the date and time and click on Book. When you click on book, the student will receive a message to confirm this booking by making payment. However, their card will only be charged after lesson completion. This is why it is very important that the lesson date and times are accurate and updated if there are any changes.
You are also able to book regular weekly or Fortnightly lessons. If you select this option then you can enter how many recurring sessions. Also it is worth noting that you are always able to edit or delete lessons before lesson start time.
6. Student sees this message and has to confirm the lesson.
Note: Only tutor can book a lesson, but student is able to cancel a lesson 24 hours before start time.
7. When student has confirmed the lesson you will see this message and will also receive an email notification. Congratulations! Now you have a new student!
8. Click on Lessons tab to see a list of all upcoming or completed lessons
What is the cancelation policy?
Students can cancel a lesson 24 hours before start, by clicking on the cross sign.
Tutors can cancel a lesson any time before the lesson starts. But of course, as a professional tutor who wants to have happy clients, please ensure to leave at least 24 hours notice if you need to cancel a lesson.
- All set! Now just make sure you attend the lesson on time and make a fantastic first impression by attending well prepared with a killer lesson plan J
How do I get paid?
Please ensure you have entered your bank details in the system. You can do that from the profile page.
Payments are made automatically into your bank account 7-10 days after lesson completion. The reason we have to wait 7 days is that we use Stripe as payment provide and they take 7 days to clear a payment made by student.